"Ipaglaban mo nang puspusan ang pananampalataya. Panghawakan mong mabuti ang buhay na walang hanggan, dahil diyan ka tinawag ng Diyos nang ipahayag mo sa harap ng maraming saksi ang iyong pananalig kay Cristo." I Tim. 6:12

June 12, 2011

Converts: At last, he is called after how many years



photo soon.



There is so many nonmember who's like this, attending worship services in the INC, and participating in activities whenever they are invited, for a long time, but really doesnt still understand teachings and called by God. But before they regret in the end, it becomes a happy moment because God love them, and God able to call them here in the true church...


I could not deny the truth

By Edwin Wilson


I am now a member of the local congregation of Orange Park in Florida, USA, currently serving as a deacon and the president of the Buklod organization. But without the mercy of God and the patience and the perseverance of a minister of the Iglesia ni Cristo, I would still be wandering and searching for the true Church.
I had been attending the Iglesia ni Cristo in the local congregation of Jacksonville, Florida off and on since 1979. I had many friends there and usually went to see them or at their invitation. I attended Bible studies, grand evangelical missions, and worship services but only when I was invited by a friend. But it seemed that every time I went, I heard something that turned me off. Obviously, I did not want to hear the message that the minister was trying to relate to me, so I would go home and not return for weeks or months. That went on for about 23 years.
Then, I was invited to a birthday party of a friend's son. I was happy to attend since I liked this friend of mine very much. It was there where I first met Brother Wilfredo Santos, a minister of the Iglesia ni Cristo. He asked me why I did not attend worship service. I told him that I was raised a Methodist and that I did not really believe that his Church was the only way to achieve salvation. And besides, I had a job where I traveled five days a week leaving home Monday mornings and returning Friday afternoons, and occasionally traveling to Europe for two or four weeks at a time. So, there was no way that I could attend worship service in his Church, because on the weekends I had to catch up on my chores at home and spend time with my family.

Brother Santos looked me straight in the eye and said, "Brother, what you need is one good reason to come to the worship service, you have so many reasons not to attend. Please come tomorrow and give me a chance to tell you who we are, what we believe and why we believe as we do. Let me explain these things to you and then if you decide that our Church is not for you, you can go your way."

I was taken aback by his complete sincerity. I could tell that he believed with all his heart in his message and in the Church he belonged to. I thought to myself, I have to give this man a chance to express his beliefs. Any person that is sincere in his beliefs surely deserves a chance.

I attended that Sunday and listened to the lesson. Brother Santos approached me after the worship service and asked if I had any questions. I did and he promptly answered them with verses from the Bible. I attended for three months without missing, a worship service and then I signed up for instruction in biblical doctrines. Brother Santos started with Lesson one and after four or five lessons, he could see my eagerness to hear more. He told me to call him anytime I wanted to hear a Bible lesson and he would come and administer the next lesson to me.

I would write down the verses in the lesson and go home and read them over and over. For the first time in my life, I actually enjoyed reading the bible. Reading the bible became a pleasure instead of obligation. Once i had heard all the lessons, there was no way that i could deny the Iglesia Ni Cristo. I could hardly wait to be baptized and become a member. I was baptized on the 8th of December 2002 by Bro. Santos in the local congregation of Jacksonville.

I will always indebted to God who called me through a Church of Christ minister who showed me his genuine concern for my soul. I will look forward to the day of salvation and will continue to serve God until death.

Pasugo issue April 2007


No comments:

Post a Comment

RULES ARE STRICTLY BEING IMPLEMENTED.
COMMENTS THAT VIOLATE RULES ARE DELETED.

1. Comments should be related to the topic posted
2. No flooding
3. No cursing and name calling (kultoliko, ADDict, Iglesia ni Manalo, etc)
4. No posting of any kind of advertisement/promotion
5. No debates/arguments

You can ask, suggest, answer or react to an article. Discussion or sharing of knowledge is appreciated, not to be confused with debates/arguments.