"Ipaglaban mo nang puspusan ang pananampalataya. Panghawakan mong mabuti ang buhay na walang hanggan, dahil diyan ka tinawag ng Diyos nang ipahayag mo sa harap ng maraming saksi ang iyong pananalig kay Cristo." I Tim. 6:12

September 30, 2009

Distinguishing God from Christ

God who created all things has no beginning; He is from everlasting to everlasting.
“Before the mountains were born and before you created the earth and the world, you are God. You have always been, and you will always be.” Ps. 90:2

VS. 

Jesus Christ Came from God.
“Jesus said to them, "If God were really your Father, you would love me, because I came from God and now I am here. I did not come by my own authority; God sent me.” Jn. 8:42

___________________________________________________________

God is immortal.
“To the King that rules forever, who will never die, who cannot be seen, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” I tim. 1:17

VS. 

Jesus died on the cross.
“When Jesus tasted the vinegar, he said, "It is finished." Then he bowed his head and died. But when the soldiers came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.” Jn. 19:30, 33

___________________________________________________________

The almighty God neither grows tired nor weary.
“Surely you know. Surely you have heard. The Lord is the God who lives forever, who created all the world. He does not become tired or need to rest. No one can understand how great his wisdom is.” Is. 40: 28

VS. 

Jesus Christ wearied or grew tired.
“Jacob's well was there. Jesus was tired from his long trip, so he sat down beside the well. It was about twelve o'clock noon.” Jn. 4:6

____________________________________________________________

God is spirit, without flesh and bones.
“God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”Jn. 4:24 “Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have a living body as you see I have."” Lk. 24:39

VS. 

Jesus Christ is a man having flesh
“Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have a living body as you see I have.” Lk. 24:39 “I am a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God, but you are trying to kill me. Abraham did nothing like that.” Jn. 8:40

___________________________________________________________

God knows no other God besides himself.
“Don't be afraid! Don't worry! I have always told you what will happen.You are my witnesses. There is no other God but me. I know of no other Rock; I am the only One."” Is. 44:8

VS. 

Jesus Christ called upon the father and acknowledged him as the only true god.
“At three o'clock Jesus cried in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani." This means, "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?"” Mk. 15:34  

“After Jesus said these things, he looked toward heaven and prayed, "Father, the time has come. Give glory to your Son so that the Son can give glory to you. And this is eternal life: that people know you, the only true God, and that they know Jesus Christ, the One you sent.” Jn. 17:1, 3

_________________________________________________________

God is above all, He is subject to no one.
“There is one God and Father of everything. He rules everything and is everywhere and is in everything.” Eph. 4:6

VS.

Jesus Christ, the son of god, is subject to God the father.
“After everything has been put under the Son, then he will put himself under God, who had put all things under him. Then God will be the complete ruler over everything. But I want you to understand this: The head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God.I Cor. 15:28, 11:3

6 comments:

  1. Jesus Christ Came from God.
    “Jesus said to them, "If God were really your Father, you would love me, because I came from God and now I am here. I did not come by my own authority; God sent me.” Jn. 8:42
    1) The Son came from the Father because he is with the Father; this is not about beginning but a place or point of origin.
    2) If you still insists that the Son has a beginning, then show me verses where it says that "the Son was created by the Father" or the Son ever saying that "I was created by the Father".

    The Son died, gets tired, had flesh, called and prayed to the Father; all has something to do with his human nature.

    Although the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal in nature being God; in position of authority, the Father has the greatest. Equal in nature but different in authority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Christ said HE CAME from the Father, that is itself an evidence that he is not from eternity because he has an origin.

      “But now, O LORD, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand.” Isa. 64:8


      This "Lord" who is our Father declared:

      “You are My witnesses," declares the LORD," And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.” Isa. 43:10


      Before God the Father, there was no GOD FORMED and there will be none after him. So Christ cant be God because there was no GOD FORMED before and after GOD the Father.

      Jesus is the "firstborn" of all creation:

      He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. Col. 1:15




      Delete
  2. WHEN DID JESUS EVER INCLUDE HIMSELF IN SAYING "OUR FATHER"? SHOW THIS VERSE TO ME. THIS WOULD PROVE THAT JESUS WAS A CREATED BEING JUST LIKE US.

    THE SON IS NOT ANOTHER GOD BESIDES THE FATHER; HE WAS NOT A GOD BEFORE THE FATHER NOR A GOD AFTER THE FATHER. THE FATHER AND THE SON ARE ONE GOD.

    "FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION"
    THIS IS EXCLUSIVE, NOT INCLUSIVE; HE IS NOT PART OF ALL CREATION. THE PREPOSITION "OF" IS EXCLUSIVE. IF IT PHRASE THIS WAY "FIRSTBORN AMONG ALL CREATION" THEN HE WOULD BE PART OF ALL CREATION.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New International Version
    Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" John 20:17

    IF JESUS' FATHER IS THEIR FATHER, THEN THEIR FATHER IS ONLY ONE. IF JESUS' GOD IS THEIR GOD then it is same saying "I am ascending to our Father, to our God".

    The son is ANOTHER GOD because the Father is God plus the Son is God then it will be two Gods, not to mention the Holy Spirit as another God. They CANT BE ONE GOD because the father is not the son and vice versa. That is the principle in Trinity.

    Christ, being FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION means he is first of all creation, he came from the Father so he is not from ETERNITY. Remember that he is also the FIRST to be raised from the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sa totoo lang magulo ang trinity, kasi paano naman naging tatlo ang katauhan ni Jesus sa iisang pagkatao, tapos sabi naman ng iba nagkatawang-tao si Jesus, eh sarili nga mismo ng paanong Jesus hindi niya sinabing siya ang Diyos, kundi siya ang tagapagligtas at nanatili pa rin ang pagiging likas niya bilang tao, pero hindi siya pangkaraniwang tao lamang na nilikha ng Diyos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. kung Diyos nga ang Panginoong Jesus eh di ibig bang sabihin noon namamatay ang Diyos? Isn't He (God) immortal? unlike Jesus Christ who died for us? At kung totoo nga yung paniniwala nila na nagkatawang tao ang Panginoong Jesus, panu niya binuhay yung sarili niya nung siya ay namatay sa krus? at papayag kaya ang Panginoong Diyos na yurakan Siya, duraan at pahirapan ng mga nilikha lamang Niya? I don't think so. Kaya magkaiba ang Panginoon Jesus at ang Panginoong Diyos. Ang Panginoong Jesus, na siyang tagapagligtas @ ang Panginoong Diyos na Siyang may lalang ng lahat ng bagay dito sa mundo.

    ReplyDelete

RULES ARE STRICTLY BEING IMPLEMENTED.
COMMENTS THAT VIOLATE RULES ARE DELETED.

1. Comments should be related to the topic posted
2. No flooding
3. No cursing and name calling (kultoliko, ADDict, Iglesia ni Manalo, etc)
4. No posting of any kind of advertisement/promotion
5. No debates/arguments

You can ask, suggest, answer or react to an article. Discussion or sharing of knowledge is appreciated, not to be confused with debates/arguments.