"Ipaglaban mo nang puspusan ang pananampalataya. Panghawakan mong mabuti ang buhay na walang hanggan, dahil diyan ka tinawag ng Diyos nang ipahayag mo sa harap ng maraming saksi ang iyong pananalig kay Cristo." I Tim. 6:12

May 17, 2010

How not to answer a question?





How not to answer a question?



Our another instructor, Sir Abe, the author of one of the most visited blog entitled The Splendor of the church. He is a priest/apologist in the country, whom I asked the same as what ive asked to a columnist/apologist Sir Cenon Bibe Jr.





(see our conversation, so that you will not say that I am bias.)

I have posted on his blog last holy week, I remember it and it was Thursday. He replied that he cannot for now, able to answer my question because he will be busy for a vacation, and he will not active blogging for the month of April. Guess what, on the month of April, he had been many posts in his blog. Then I asked him about my question and challenge to him, but because on that time my computer was not fixed yet, that I am not updated if he already answer my question or not. Then on the month of May, that its been several weeks that he is not RECALLING that I have asked him questions. I commented on his blog I said “do you have answered my question and challenge Sir Abe?”



Then he said, he knows nothing about that, that all of the questions from the nonmembers are answered by him. He demands to repost my question, but I said, it is impossible for him that he cannot remember my question especially we had a conversation about it.



I also say to him that he should post it as an article on his blog, and he did it.. BUT, he answered me by giving his opinion and not DIRECT TO THE POINT. He even said that I should go to their website or buy books of their Catechism and that he further say, his duty is not to post all of the doctrines of their Church. By the way, let me first show my first question with the challenge to him. (I will translate it on english)



hi Fr. abe,

I did not go here to have an argument. Just to know catholics/ your side about this. I just want to ask how can you prove that the Catholic church is still the original church or the same and identical church with the 1st century church? Regarding the beliefs?

What i want an answer from you sir is that post doctrines in the Catholic church with the date it began and the authors of it...

Then, let us judge if it is so..

If the beliefs of the catholics nowadays are the beliefs of the 1st century christians...

Godbless. Tnx.

i will wait for your answer^_^ ___________________________-





Firstly, I asked him “how can you prove that the Catholic church is still the original church or the same and identical church with the 1st century church? Regarding the beliefs?





Then a challenge, “What i want an answer from you sir is that post doctrines in the Catholic church with the date it began and the authors of it...

Then, let us judge if it is so..

If the beliefs of the catholics nowadays are the beliefs of the 1st century christians...



You can notice that I did not say ALL OF THE DOCTRINES, I already explained to him about it, that even just common doctrines of the Catholic Church like Christmas, Purgatory, All saints day/All Souls day and etc…

But, again, what he answer to me is that I should go to their official website of the CC, because he said “THE DOCTRINES OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ARE ALREADY PUBLISHED IN OUR CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WITH CORRESPONDING EXPLANATIONS AND BIBLICAL AS WELL AS PATRISTIC SOURCES TO SUPPORT THEM.



And he even gave me a counter challenge not thinking about my post, for I said “I did not go here to have an argument. Just to know catholics/ your side about this.” I then wondering if he understands my comment on his blog??^_^

(see our conversation, so that you will not say that I am bias.)



But then, the followed answers from him to my posts are all but his opinion, and all about accusing me and the Church of Christ. I thought he will answer my question and challenge to him DIRECT TO THE POINT especially he is a PRIEST/APOLOGIST, but I failed because what he did is that he addressed me on the CC website and Catechism and etc. He then began saying WORDS that I do not expect he will say because he is a PRIEST! I then again asked him, (still hoping that he will answer me DIRECT TO THE POINT). I asked him, “how about Christmas? Why not showing its history?”.



He then addressed me to that Catechism and website and alleged me and my faith that we are blind for we cannot see on the bible that it is said that Christ was born, and that’s why it is called Christmas because it was the day of the birth of Christ.



I think he is the one who is blind not thinking our FAITH is. It should be noted that the Church of Christ did not deny the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. What we did not agree is about the HISTORY OF CHRISTMAS, THE DATE OF CELEBRATING it. Especially what’s its history say that it came from pagans celebrating SUN-GOD Sol invictus and that called CHRISTMAS is not even shown in the bible, therefore not of GOD and not of the APOSTLES but of their CHURCH FATHERS. Clearly, he contradicts himself by saying:



THE DOCTRINES OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ARE ALREADY PUBLISHED IN OUR CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WITH CORRESPONDING EXPLANATIONS AND BIBLICAL AS WELL AS PATRISTIC SOURCES TO SUPPORT THEM.”



What can the Catholic Church give any BIBLICAL VERSES that support their doctrine/tradition about celebrating Christ’s birth every 25th day of DECEMBER? They cant even deny its history formulating that doctrine, that many years ago it is not Dec. 25 Christ’s birth celebrated, but Jan 6.



I still post comments on his blog this week but after I realize that our conversation is only pointing to throwing of accusations and going to nonsense things, I now stopped it as I do this article. I even say this to him, but still, a funny answer of him was I always remembered.



My question is: “HOW CAN YOU PROVE”



And guess what his answer, and alleged me of being blind and closeminded that i am not ACCEPTING his answer?



His answer: “YES”





Again, my question.. HOW CAN YOU PROVE and his answer is YES??



What the??^_^

1 comment:

  1. Hi its me again. I assumed you must be willing to go outside of the bible in your quest for answers, yes?

    Let me first tell to you that all Catholic teachings came from Jesus and the Apostles, and was passed down through oral traditions at first and later on SOME OF THIS ORAL PREACHING WAS PUT INTO WRITING which came to be known as the New Testament books. Since Jesus commanded the apostles to preach the gospel and not write, it was never the intention of the apostles to write their teachings because writings can be misinterpreted and that is why only 5 of the original 12 apostles wrote letters (Peter, Matthew, John, James, & Judas). Most of the NT books were written by Saint Paul, and even he preferred preaching orally than writing and that the only reason he was writing is because he can't be in that place physically (see 1 Tim 3:14). See also Acts 15:22-27 where a letter was sent to the Gentiles in Antioch regarding the decision of the Council at Jerusalem but the full complete teaching will be preached to them orally by Judas and Silas (Act 15:27). When the apostles and disciples started writing the NT books they did not mean to supplant the Church's teachings, the full preaching of the Gospel is still the responsibility of the Church, the new testament book does not represent the full teachings of Christianity, that is the responsibility of the Church.

    When the apostles started writing the new testament book, it is usually for a specific reason and not to preach the whole gospel. Some letters are for instructions, some are for admonitions and correction, some to witnessed Jesus etc etc... The fact that one NT book can't contained the whole gospel is proof enough that these letters, even if you put all 27 of them, does not teach the fullness of the faith. The fullness of faith is within the Church not in these books (1 tim 3:15), and these books are just meant to witnessed them.

    Who taught the Catholic teachings such as purgatory, mary, etc etc? The answer is Jesus and the apostles. Now you may ask how come writings about these teaching came up much later in the life of the Church? The answer is because these teachings are already accepted within the Church unless someone questioned them and only then will the Church respond to them and most usually they respond in writing. Let me give you an example and one that strikes to the core of INC teaching. No one in the early Church questioned the eucharist as the body and blood of Jesus (See 1 Cor 10:16, 1 Cor 11:29, 1 Cor 5:7) and yet later, in around 110 AD in Smyrna there were heretics who deny the eucharist. A disciple of John the Apostle, Ignatius of Antioch, on his way to Rome to be martyred wrote to the Smyrnaeans this..

    "Take note of those who hold heretic opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God… They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes"

    If Ignatius was introducing a new teaching about the eucharist, the church in Smyrnaeans should have revolt, but they did not because what Ignatius wrote is already an accepted teaching in the Church (imagine if EVM preach a new teaching today that Jesus is God, would the INC congregation not revolt?). And there is no possible way Ignatius is try to invent a new teaching because what would it benefit him? Would it make him rich or gain power? No! because he is on the way to Rome to be fed to the lions. The only explanation is the he is preaching a teaching of Church and staying true to the gospel as he learned from John.

    The explanation about the Eucharist is just an example. You will find similar events about other Catholic teachings as well. I invite you to seek the fullness of the faith that is in the Catholic Church!

    catholicguy07@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

RULES ARE STRICTLY BEING IMPLEMENTED.
COMMENTS THAT VIOLATE RULES ARE DELETED.

1. Comments should be related to the topic posted
2. No flooding
3. No cursing and name calling (kultoliko, ADDict, Iglesia ni Manalo, etc)
4. No posting of any kind of advertisement/promotion
5. No debates/arguments

You can ask, suggest, answer or react to an article. Discussion or sharing of knowledge is appreciated, not to be confused with debates/arguments.